SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Stagehand in the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. The Stagehand is responsible for the following:
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events including but not limited to setup and tear down of all event/team set ups as well as numerous adhoc assignments as required by the event.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Assisting in the assembly and disassembly of show productions.
- Construct set pieces, risers, stages, musical equipment, etc.
- Spotlight operation during shows for qualified personnel.
- Assist with video, sound and light production before, during and after shows.
- Move furniture, road cases, miscellaneous equipment.
- Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables and other furnishings and equipment.
- Performs routine facility maintenance as related to backstage areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, days, evenings and holidays;
- Able to stand for long periods; able to walk up and down steep stairs.
- Occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with disabilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Knowledge of video, sound, lighting and technical theater experience helpful.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.