Frequently Asked Questions – Regarding Updated Bag Policy
- Will diaper bags be allowed in the new policy?
- No, unless for a medical necessity – all bags that enter the premises for an event will need to be clear (within sizing guidelines) or of the approved clutch sizing (4.5” x 6.5”).
- I have small children, and the necessary items for them will not fit into an approved bag sizing. What should I do?
- The policy is one bag of this sizing per ticketed customer. If you have children that have tickets, they qualify to have a bag as well.
- I have small items that I do not feel comfortable putting in a clear bag and would prefer privacy. What should I do?
- If you have items of this nature, you can use a clutch upto 4.5" x 6.5" inside of your approved sizing clear bag. When you go through the security checkpoint, the small bag/clutch inside will be subject to search. There will be female security guards available for those that prefer – we recommend choosing a lane with one of these staff members.
- I do not have access to a bag that would comply with this new policy. What should I do?
- Clear stadium tote bags are available for purchase from our box office for $5 cash. For Stampede fans, the Stampede merchandise booth will also be selling branded versions of policy-compliant bags. If you have questions on whether your bag would qualify, feel free to call 605-367-7288 before an event, and someone would be happy to help you.
- My clutch fits in the sizing limit, but it has a shoulder strap. Is this allowed?
- Shoulder/cross body style straps into the venue (as long as the straps are made of fabric, nylon, or leather) No chain straps or similar material will be permitted.
- What does an exception for medical necessity mean?
- If you have items that qualify as a medical necessity, these will be allowed inside the building. We understand that not all medical devices fit into the bag policy and some have their own bags/containers. If you have a question about what you need to bring – please call 605-367-7288 and someone will be happy to answer your questions. Please understand that any bags containing medical necessity equipment are still subject to search.
- This policy seems to only affect women. Why is this being enforced?
- Men are also subject to search while going through the security checkpoint. All genders will be responsible for removing items from their pockets and going through the metal detectors. This policy is being placed nation-wide by many venues and artists/tours for the safety & security of all involved due to many happenings around the nation. Our goal with this policy is to speed up the lines going through security checkpoints and make our venue as safe as we can for guests, employees, and the tours.
- Are clear backpacks/fanny packs acceptable bags to bring in?
- Yes- as long as they follow the other rules regarding bags. (12”x12”x6” or smaller with no chain straps)
If you have further questions regarding this policy, please feel free to call 605-367-7288.