Senior Operations Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for a Senior Operations Manager who is responsible for daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the director in directing, supervising and scheduling all aspects of event operations, including; event change over and setup services as well as custodial services.
- Coordinates the operations activities with other building departments.
- Responsible for the sustainability programs of the facility including recycling, energy planning and greening initiatives.
- Implement facility rules, regulation policies and procedures.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Ensures that operations department receives pertinent information for most effective use of the facility and staffing.
- Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Supervising or Managing in a similar facility.
- Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Supervisory experience required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be familiar with maintenance management software systems.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.