SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opening for an Operations Manager who is responsible for directing personnel, subcontractors, and the daily activities involved in the successful execution of events and maintenance of the entire facility by performing the following duties personally and through subordinate supervisors:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of operations including housekeeping, event staffing, set-ups and changeovers, and ADA compliance for complex.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Implement and train employees on the operating procedures, preventative maintenance schedules, emergency plans and safety/risk management policies that conform to corporate standards.
- Attend staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments including clear, concise, and timely communication.
- Review contracts, speak with tenants and work with subcontractors to determine special requirements. Inspect conversions, construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
- Act as a liaison between unions, tenants and facility contractors as needed.
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contractors for construction and conversions.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors in any of the following departments: Changeover Crew and Operations, Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and four (4) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly industry in a supervisory or management position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate knowledge in operations procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess skills and experience in labor relations, purchasing procedures and supervising/training personnel.
- Engage in much decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Possess any license, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility; lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines, skid loaders or other power driven equipment.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
Operate a personal computer and demonstrate proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and will be subject to pass an acceptable background check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events with some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.