Ice Operations Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opening for an Ice Operations Manager at Denny Sanford PREMIER Center and Sioux Falls Stadium. This position is responsible for the supervision and guidance of the operations crew during setup, tear down, move in, move out, and changeover of events. Also responsible to manage, prepare, and maintain the facility, ice floor, and resurfacing equipment.
- Oversee installation of ice, which includes freezing floor; painting base color, lines and logos; and building-up the ice sheet.
- Prepare ice for all practices, games and other ice events. Duties include: removing debris; checking ice depth; scraping, edging and resurfacing ice.
- Operate and maintain the ice-resurfacer and ice-edger.
- Repair and build ice. Must be familiar with techniques for repairing and building ice around hockey goals and other areas that lose ice.
- Monitor temperature and humidity levels of HVAC systems.
- Maintain ice and lay water as needed.
- Assist with general related maintenance of the building in between games and ice events.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment and makes recommendations for purchases.
- Oversee and direct employees who assist with installation and maintenance of ice as well as operations and maintenance of Sioux Falls Stadium.
- Must have working knowledge of ice rink dasher system and have the ability to make repairs in a timely and effective manner.
- Keeps maintenance logs of equipment.
- Operates and maintains refrigeration plant.
- Ability or willingness to be trained to operate power equipment including, but not limited to: forklifts, man lifts, pickups, trucks, etc.
- Maintain and deliver to Director of Operations, appropriate paperwork to include timesheets, billing requests, job cost information and maintenance records.
- Maintains and orders inventory as needed. Helps administer preventive maintenance program of equipment in cooperation with Director of Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and oversee part time operations staff as well as ice resurfacer and ice edger operators.
- Supervise and oversee part time operations staff at Sioux Falls Stadium.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 2-3 years' experience with ice operations preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills necessary.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the individual needs good computer skills including knowledge of Windows based office programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OSHA 30 hr preferred
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under deadlines and stressful situations.
- Requires ability to work flexible / extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Ability to climb steps.
- Requires extensive amounts of walking throughout the facility.
- Ability to visually inspect.
- Ability to operate a variety of building service equipment.
- Ability to do frequent lifting in excess of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on catwalks 90' high.
This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise, fumes, etc.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.