Box Office Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent opening for a Box Office Manager at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. Primary duties for this position will be oversight of ticket sales and all aspects of box office operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Directs and oversees the internal control of daily operations as outlined in the SMG Box Office Manual.
- Coordinates all event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company in a timely manner.
- Works with event promoter and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing and seating configuration.
- Builds and modifies all computer ticket events and issues computer access codes to facility management.
- Coordinates the house scale for all ticket events.
- Maintains communication with ticket company representatives for updates and/or revisions in computer operations.
- Monitors daily ticket sales for all upcoming events and communicates information to the Director and promoter representative.
- Prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Prepares and presents the final box office statement for settlement of each event.
- Responds to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Establishes files on each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits and ticket inventory schedules.
- Supervises, instructs, and trains ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Assists or sells tickets as needed.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Maintains accurate record of daily balance of cash received, tickets sold and change bank/vault.
- Fills reservations for seats by mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3 years related experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in accounting and customer service essential
- Box office experience in a similar environment strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial procedures, including record keeping and reconciliation
- Ability to analyze data and figures
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
- Ability to coordinate and schedule staff
- Excellent good customer service and public relations skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of ticket selling/box office operations
- Ability to count money, make change accurately
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills. Experience with spreadsheets and computerized ticket systems desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (External)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (Internal)
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.