Assistant Director Of Operations
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent opening for an Operations Manager who is responsible for directing personnel, subcontractors, and the daily activities involved in the successful execution of events and maintenance of the entire facility by performing the following duties personally and through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs, supervises, and schedules all aspects of Operations, including Engineering, Building and Grounds, Technical Services, Public Safety, and Custodial Services.
- Enforces facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Ensures that Operations Department receives pertinent information for the most effective use of the facility and staffing.
- Oversees maintenance of the Physical Plant, systems, equipment, and vehicles.
- Knows and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, Risk Management, safety precautions, rules/regulations, and emergency procedures are followed.
- Enforces program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency, and OSHA Procedures.
- Investigates, analyzes, and resolves operational problems and complaints. Conducts periodic staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems, and policy changes.
Manages subordinate supervisors in any of the following departments: Maintenance, Operations, Engineering and Technical Services Departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
-Bachelor's Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
-Minimum of 3 years experience in Supervising or Managing in a similar facility
-Additional experience may be substituted for education
-To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and must be able to learn Computerized Maintenance Management System and Building Automation System.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS
-30 hour OSHA certification preferred or ability to attain certification
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
-This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (External)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (Internal)
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center
1201 N. West Ave. Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Applications that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 605-367-7288.